Vim for Windows8.1
- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- May 25, 2018
- [+] More Details
Vim for Windows Review
Vim for Windows is a freeware text editor app filed under text editors and made available by Bram Moolenar for Windows.
The review for Vim for Windows has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC.
If you would like to submit a review of this software download, we welcome your input and encourage you to submit us something!
We have tested Vim for Windows 8.1 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans.
Imitation of the UNIX text editor developed for Windows PCs:
Vim stands for Vi IMproved. It used to be Vi IMitation, but there are so many improvements that a name change was appropriate. Vim is developed to be a text editor which includes almost all the commands from the Unix program "Vi" and a lot of new ones.
All commands can be given with the keyboard. This has the advantage that you can keep your fingers on the keyboard and your eyes on the screen.
Vim for Windows is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from text editors without restrictions. Vim for Windows 8.1 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This text editor software is filed under:
- Vim for Windows Download
- Freeware Text Editors
Compatibility with this text editor software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Bram Moolenar.
Page maintained by Fernando Ortega.
Screenshots of Vim for Windows (1)
- Download Ranking
- #2 of 60
- Typeit!Helps you write and manage text documents in the Malayalam language
- Komodo EditA free programmers text editor with syntax recognition supporting web languages like PHP, HTML and CSS
- LyXA powerful WYSIWYG document editor with TeX / LaTeX support
- Notepad++The best, free Windows notepad replacement which supports programming, coding languages, syntax highlighting and more
- UltraEditText, HEX, HTML, PHP and Programmer's Editor. Supports FTP/SFTP & UNICODE